How can I become a donor?
Mark is looking for a living donor with blood type A or O. Under age 45 is best, but the doctors at Yale are saying up to age 55 is okay; anyone aged 55-60 must be in excellent health. Normal BMI, no heavy drinkers. If you think you might be able to be Mark’s hero, please call Mark’s liver transplant coordinator at 866-925-3897!
How can I spread the word?
- Like and share the Friends of Mark on Facebook.
- Make regular posts about the Friends of Mark page on your Facebook, invite your friends to consider becoming donor and ask them to share the information.
- Ask us for a stack of flyers and distribute them to your friends.
- Do you have a place of employment? Are you a member of a worship community or a civic organization? Please share this information with all of your communities repeatedly. Ask them to network and share with their own communities.
- Bring flyers home for the holidays! Over dinner invite your loved ones to give the ultimate gift — the gift of life.
What happens during a liver transplant?
This image / diagram from WebMD demonstrates the process undertaken between the living donor and the receiver. Isn’t it amazing how the body is able to regenerate a full, completely healthy liver in both people?!
How can I support Mark and Nina?
- Pray for Mark and Nina Stiber each day.
- Call, text and send cards to share you continued love, support and kind thoughts.